Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring

We have moved to Woodingdean- we are living here. And settled, more or less. The garden is great for reading, writing, eating breakfast and lunch. The birds provide a lively symphony and there's loads of sunshine. The housemates are tricky (well one is great, the other is a selfish twat), but both have agreed to me utilizing the front room as a studio. Dhia, the eleven year old, will have a piano in there also... so it'll be a active creative environment. At the moment it's pretty empty, apart from meals and occasional small programs with Rich and myself- a bit of reading and singing. I guess in a normal house it would have a t.v. and we'd congregate around the dumb box most evenings- here people are generally doing there own thing.

The "community" is still dodgy as ever. I won't reveal the latest development but, believe me, it is drawn out and ridiculous. I am getting closer to certain individuals but feeling the pressure of negotiating master plans and egos.

All I can do is work away at my own stuff- art, self-development, consciousness.

The last couple of weeks have been completely stressful, for lots of people- must be planetary pulls or the like. Hippy hippy hippy shit.

Some sad news- Mike has left and gone to Australia... I got the Mikey blues. Bel and myself managed to spend some time with him in Margate before he left, before taking him to the airport. Sob! He's a diamond bloke, who's been a main player in my life for the last 9 years, and I miss him alot here in Brighton. Probably the same if not more so for sweet Bel. Anyway, lets hope his life is good down under...

2 comments:

Louise Halvardsson said...

looking forward to visiting your community! I just emailed you and then I thought of checking your blog and was lucky enough to get this little update, very interesting as I'm fascinated by community life, even if it might be hard to live up to the ideals ... xx

Kristen said...

You're telling me.... we've just been told to move again! Back to Temple st... needless to say we're going to get our own place. Will email you more- to be honest its a bloody nightmare xx