Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stonehenge

Last Thursday I went to Brighton for a big program- Dina's spiritual master Mahvisnu Swami is visiting. We had a big feast that evening and a good class. Actually it was really nice- I was paying close attention, to try and suss him out and he really impressed me. He is very gentle, humble and leads amazing kirtan. It was a lovely evening.

The next day we hired a minibus and drove down to Stonehenge for the summer solstice. Sky and Louise came also which was great- hadn't seen Sky in over a year and its always a joy being around Louise. We sang, chanted, danced all night in the spitting rain- weaving our way through the crowds as we circumambulated the stones. It was ecstatic and fired up all night! Probably my best experience at Stonehenge to date. I think the rain kept everyone calm... Also bumped into several faces from the old wilder Krishna Centre that used to be in North Rd, Brighton. It was a charged experience.

2 comments:

Louise Halvardsson said...

Can't get the Krishna-mantra out of my head ... a very interesting experience ;=) (even if I sneaked off for some whisky) So grateful we could be there with you ... will send you some less blurry pics soon! love & respect

Kristen said...

I thought you'd had some booze! :) It was a gorgeous night... its been following me all week. Thanks again for the poem by the way- just showed my mum, she enjoyed it. x hari bol!